Mingze Gao (高铭泽)¶
Mingze Gao, aka Adrian, is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Sydney Business School, and will join Macquarie University as a Lecturer in Finance in 2024. With a focus on banking and corporate finance, his work has been published at journals including Journal of Banking & Finance, Finance Research Letters, and/or presented at conferences such as WFA, EFA1, FMA, FIRN, AFBC, etc.
Mingze has a strong background in programming and received First Prize in the 2010 National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces (NOIP). His PhD thesis involves large-scale textual analysis and novel machine learning application, leading to a $500,000 grant from the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project financing his postdoctoral fellowship. He also has a Grad.Cert. in computing from UNSW with High Distinction, on, e.g., database, crypto and distributed ledger technology. Some of his open-source works include, for example, frds, specurve, mktstructure and edgar-analyzer.
- 2017 - 2021 Ph.D. in Finance, University of Sydney
- 2022 - 2023 Graduate Certificate in Computing, University of New South Wales
- 2016 - 2016 B.Com (Honours) in Finance, University of Sydney
- 2013 - 2015 B.Com in Econometrics and Finance, University of Sydney
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2023-09-18: I had the privilege of serving as a discussant at the 2023 FIRN-ANU Banking and Financial Stability Conference.
- 2023-08-16: My paper "Borrower Technology Similarity and Bank Loan Contracting" with Yunying Huang, Steven Ongena and Eliza Wu, has been selected as a semifinalist for the Best Paper Awards of FMA Annual Meeting 2023. Winners TBA.
- 2023-07-27: I will join Macquarie University as a Lecturer in Finance. Contract signed. Starting January 2024.
Poster session. ↩